remember when i taught you how to make coconut butter?
now, before i give you the recipes for these bad boys, you need to go cut up a really tart granny smith apple. dunk it in your freshly made coconut butter. isn’t that just the most delicious combo?!
go ahead and have your coconut butter handy.
you need 1/3 cup of it for this easy peasy recipe that is sure to make the oldest girl scout reminisce about those ever-so-delicious-when-straight-out-of-the-fridge somoas. oh you know who you are. (you’re like me).
follow this recipe, below, and knock a few years off the shelf while you enjoy this lovely combo.
(there they are in the red dish. right next to more deliciousness.)
blessings to you and your family. keep on taking right steps to feed your families a clean and wholesome diet. remember that a homemade somoa, every now and then, is perfectly good – and healthy.
- ⅓ cup coconut butter
- 6 Tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3-4Tbs enjoy life (dairy, nut, soy free) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- mix liquids with coconut butter in a sauce pan over heat until melted
- once melted add in shredded coconut
- stir until coconut is full mixed with liquid
- use a spoon to scoop out small portions (golf ball size) onto a cookie sheet
- use your fingers to make sure coconut balls stick together before going into oven
- once cooked, remove from oven and let cookies fully cool before moving to cooling rack
- drizzle chocolate over cookies
- once chocolate hardens, eat.
- store remaining cookies in covered container in refrigerator
- best eaten chilled