this year was a first Thanksgiving that my entire family (extended included) celebrated Thanksgiving with a meal that was free of wheat gluten. we all brought, or created, a dish that would fit the menu. one of my jobs was to make a dessert.
pumpkin pie seemed too boring. but pumpkin cheesecake, now that sounded like something i wanted to bake and eat.
a few tips:
1. make sure that your cream cheese really is at room temperature
2. be sure to spread your graham cracker crust up the side of the spring form pan or your cheesecake mixture will over flow and you won’t have the walls to hold it in place once baked
3. replace refined sugar with a 1:1 ratio using honey and palm sugar if you need to omit the refined sugar (for this recipe, i kept refined sugar as the sweetener. simply because, in my opinion, sometimes you just have to splurge.)
4. for the graham cracker crust, i used these graham crackers (i purchased at our local Whole Foods). grind them in a food processor (magic bullet, ninja, blendtec, etc.) and once they are finely ground, make your crust
5. eat slowly. really enjoy it.
6. repeat step 5. because it’s hard to just have one piece of this cake.
the finished cake should look something like this.
i promise you won’t be disappointed. total crowd pleaser. kid tested. grown-up approved.
copyright 2018 Blog WordPress Theme By ThemeShopy