i’ve wanted something to dip my veggies in for quite a while. i happened to have tahini in my fridge from a previous dip recipe i’d tried and not fully enjoyed. but tahini doesn’t do me any good just sitting on the shelf of my refrigerator staring at me.
that’s when i saw a recipe for someone using beets for a dip.
after a bit of modifying, i came up with a recipe that i think is as delicious as it is pretty. be amazed as you use a vegetable to dye your food. it is a beautiful thing. filled with antioxidants.
[note: i purchased pre-steamed beets from Trader Joe’s. you will want beets that aren’t pickled. either buy fresh, roast and peel skins yourself. or purchase pre-steamed beets that are refrigerated.]
- 3 medium sized steamed beets
- 3-4 Tbsp organic lemon juice
- ½ cup tahini
- sea salt to taste
- in a blender or food processor, puree all ingredients and add salt to taste.
- add additional beet if you prefer
- keep refrigerated in glass jar
- good for vegetable and fruit dipping