oh my goodness.
these are like those little pecan pumpkin tarts. only not with all the weird corn syrup that will make you excited for 5 minutes and leave you wanting to nap soon there after. imagine making these and having your family walk in and say, “mmmm that smells good!” and ha! you’re not even cooking. you’re just mixing these raw ingredients together and they just smell so darn good on their own that it’s noticeable.
i think we forget how lovely whole foods smell and taste all on their own. enhance them with some natural spices and you’ve just made something pretty amazing.
after you make these, you can keep them in an air tight container in the refrigerator or you can leave them out (in their container). i prefer them in the refrigerator because they keep longer (IF you can actually keep them in the house longer than two days, report back). but also my crew prefers them to be a bit more firm and the cool refrigerator air does the trick.
follow the directions in the recipe and you should be good to go. super easy!
- 1 cup packed dates (pitted)
- ½ cup pecans (preferably raw and unsalted)
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ heaping tsp ground cinnamon
- 1Tbs water (optional. use this if you find that your dates are too dry and not blending well.)
- blend dates and pecans in food processor until crumbly
- add coconut flakes and spices
- blend until dates become more dough like
- if still crumbly, at this point, add the water until dates become more smooth
- roll batter into balls and store in air tight container in refrigerator