There’s no pretty name for these things. In fact, they aren’t all that pretty either. But they are good. That, I can promise. And around my house, my personal favorite way to eat them is to pile them with eggs, avocado and veggies (and maybe a little hot sauce or salsa). As for my children, they like them fresh out of the oven (plain), or cold with a little jam spread on top, and sometimes with a spread of nut butter and a drizzle of honey and fruit sliced on top. However you eat them, you’re guaranteed to enjoy them.
Each muffin packs quite a protein (and healthy fat) punch. So be mindful of how many you eat.
After they come out of the oven, transfer them from your parchment paper to a cooling rack.
I hope you make these. I find this combination to be so delicious – it makes me happy just looking at it.
- 2½ cups almond meal
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 Tbs coconut flour
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil (or olive oil)
- preheat oven to 350F
- in large bowl, combine all dry ingredients
- in a microwave safe bowl, melt coconut oil along with honey
- whisk eggs
- add eggs, honey and oil to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly
- place spoonfuls of batter onto greased cookie sheet or parchment paper