It’s taken me a while to find an all-purpose gluten free flour that I can use with most traditionally non-gluten free recipes. When I thumb through my grandmother’s recipes, this is the flour I grab to recreate her cookies.
When I post a recipe and I tell you to use a gluten free all-purpose flour, this is always the one I’m using (unless I note otherwise). It’s based on a recipe I found and then modified a bit.
My suggestion is to mix all ingredients, minus 3 cups of the rice flour, together well. Once mixed, add in the final 3 cups of rice flour. Store in an air tight container. If you don’t do much baking, a longer shelf-life would be keeping the container in your refrigerator or freezer.
- 6 cups brown (or white) rice flour
- 1.5 cups potato starch
- 3 cups tapioca starch
- 1 Tbs xanthan gum
- in a large bowl, mix all ingredients (except 3 cups of the rice flour) together
- after thoroughly mixed, add in the last 3 cups of rice flour
- store in air tight container in a cool room
- for longer shelf-life, store container in refrigerator or freezer