for all you wanting your Fall fix, here she is! don’t pay $4 for a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte with all those crazy additives. just make your own, at home, for close to $1. and if you work a desk job, simply pour the latte portion into a lidded glass jar that you can take with you. heat it at work, pour over your coffee, and treat yourself to a mid-day cup of absolute heaven.
this recipe has an ingredient list for the latte portion, but the ratio of coffee to milk is completely yours to decide. mine is typically about 1/4 latte and the remainder milk. but sometimes it’s half and half. play with it until you find your perfect match. and then guard your latte. it’s that good.
i love this recipe so much, you guys. whenever i make it, my oldest daughter almost always smells it and does this real satisfied “mmmmmm, that smells gooood momma.”
directions on how to make are in the printable recipe below. remember to pin and/or print this recipe so that you don’t lose it. because, trust me, this is going to be your Fall go-to drink. and if you have an espresso machine with a steamer feature, you can make a true latte. but i promise you that even if you don’t have some sort of fancy coffee machine, you’re going to love your latte without all the fluffy froth.
i hope this recipe doesn’t just save you money and time in the coffee shop drive-thru line. i hope it soothes your senses, your tummy and gives you reprieve in your day.
- ¼ heaping teaspoon pumpkin spice using the following ingredients:
- 1 tsp heaping cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp cloves
- latte ingredients:
- 1 cup canned lowfat (or full fat) coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs organic pumpkin puree
- 2-3 tbs coconut palm sugar
- ¼-1/2 cup espresso or strong coffee
- mix ¼ heaping pumpkin spice with remaining ingredients in a sauce pan over med/high heat
- bring to a boil and then back down to a simmer
- brew coffee
- pour latte into coffee (add as much latte as you prefer, to coffee. the ratio is up to you.)