Every Summer deserves salsa. This simple little salsa is a fan-favorite, kid-friendly, and can be made as mild or spicy as you want. Follow this recipe as your base and then spice it up as you like!
Start with a few simple ingredients: rinsed black beans, mango, frozen-thawed and rinsed white corn off the cob, red onion, roma tomatoes, green pepper and lime.
And to avoid having really wet salsa, you want to de-seed your roma tomatoes. To do that, just take a small spoon and scoop out the center. This way you’ll just have the meat of your tomato to dice and you can add the center portion to your compost.
Let’s be honest – corn tortilla chips aren’t a health food. But sometimes life calls for ’em – especially outside, by the pool, with ice cold water and good company. Other ways to enjoy this salsa is over some fish, cold on top of hot rice, in a burrito…or just as it is, with a spoon.
Don’t forget to print the recipe, pin it and share it on Facebook. Your friends will thank you!
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 can rinsed black beans
- 2-3 cups thawed white corn
- 2 limes
- 8 Roma tomatoes
- 1 large diced mango
- sea salt
- de-seed roma tomatoes and finely dice
- finely dice onion and green pepper
- dice mango
- mix all ingredients into large bowl
- add a few pinches of sea salt
- squeeze the juice of two limes over top
- mix ingredients thoroughly
- store in air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days